RM Productions
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Untold Stories.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

[chapter two - two days later]

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Ry3
Admin

[chapter two - two days later] Empty
PostSubject: [chapter two - two days later]   [chapter two - two days later] Icon_minitime21/5/2012, 6:23 am

After a couple of days away from Casey with other classes, I've felt a little more settled and had been preparing myself for my second class with him. Since for the next two days; I was his student again. I'd be lying, if I wasn't dreading this experience. Casey and I got off on the wrong foot and don't know; what awaits me now for the next two days. My new friends: Melody and Chad were great and were super supportive of me. There was a good five minutes before class started; as the three of us entered the theatre with the rest of our class-mates noticing Casey was nowhere to be seen just yet. Melody, Chad and I took our seats at least one row away from the rest of class-mates and sat together. We hadn't really spent that much time with our class-mates; every seems to have branched off into their own pairs and groups for the time being; as our Freshmen week was drawing to a class in less then 48 hours.

I sat in the middle in-between my two new friends, and started a little conversation while we were waiting: "Just remember pal, if Casey gives you a hard time; just report it to the Dean. She'll deal with him." reminded Chad with encouragement. "Chad's right babe, just try not to ruffle his feathers any-more; then you have. I'm sure, it's the same for him with you to a certain degree. Just don't let him get to you." said Melody with a smile rubbing the side of my arm. "Thanks guys, I appreciate it. And I'll try not too, as long as he doesn't ruffle mine; unprofessionally. Then, I think we'll be good." I replied. The bell sounded, as class was about to begin with everyone looking towards the stage with Casey being seen making his way out onto the stage from the left wing. I took a deep breath and hoped today would go better then; my first day with Casey, two days ago.

[chapter two - two days later] BoRoberts
AN OFFICIAL - DEAN ARMSTRONG - ROLEPLAY
Back to top Go down
https://rmproductions.forumotion.co.uk
IceMystic1216
Admin

PostSubject: Re: [chapter two - two days later]   [chapter two - two days later] Icon_minitime21/5/2012, 11:31 am

It was time for round 2 of Drama Class with my new flock of Drama students. They all filed in as I scanned them, noticing that everyone from last time was here, including my problem student, Dean Armstrong. I sat on the edge of the stage as I smiled at my students and spoke, "So, you made it through one class with me and decided to come back for Round 2. And I'm glad to see that you all made it on time." I said with a laugh and it got a few chuckles from everyone. I think what I did with Dean instilled some fear in them about what I would do with people if they were late. "Now, instead of putting you all to work, I'm going to play a little Shakespeare trivia with all of you. Answer my question correctly, I'll let you ask anything you want about me. Answer incorrectly and I get to ask anything I want about you. So, my first question is which of Shakespeare's plays should you not mention by name in this room and why? I'll let you mention it this one time but for the rest of the time, I expect not to hear the name. So, any takers?" I scanned the room, wondering if these students were well versed in Shakespeare or if they had been lax in their studies.

[chapter two - two days later] VictorWebsterG47
Back to top Go down
Ry3
Admin

PostSubject: Re: [chapter two - two days later]   [chapter two - two days later] Icon_minitime21/5/2012, 11:51 am

I thought to myself for a moment upon hearing Casey's question. I raised my eyebrow, as I looked around at my fellow class-mates; as they all seemed clueless. Casey looked around looking to sigh, but I thought I'd save him the trouble upon remembering the name. I hesitantly raised my hand into the air slowly catching Casey's attention and I was pretty sure there was some surprise in his facial expression. He folded his arms and said: "Mr. Armstrong..you know the answer, I take it?" He said waiting for my answer, as I lowered my hand, "I do. It's MacBeth sir. The superstition from the play comes from the many disastrous stories and misfortune that befell those who performed it. As some parts of the legendary play seem to strike fear into the hearts of other people. It's definitely one of Shakespeare's darkest plays; but yet one of his greatest too." I gulped a little wondering, what his reaction would be with Chad and Melody look at me with smiles on their faces; impressed with me.

Back to top Go down
IceMystic1216
Admin

PostSubject: Re: [chapter two - two days later]   [chapter two - two days later] Icon_minitime21/5/2012, 11:58 am

I looked at Dean and was impressed slightly. He knew the answer to my question which made me think more of him than I did before. I smiled and spoke, "Bravo Dean, you do know your legend of the Scottish play. Bad things happen to people who speak that plays name inside of a theatre." I nod my head, letting my students know that I was quite serious about that. I look again at Dean and speak, "Now, since you know of the legend, before you ask your question of me, you must perform a traditional cleansing ritual. Go do it and then you may come back in and ask your question." I nodded my head firmly, I was curious if he knew what a cleansing ritual was for mentioning the play's name inside of the hallowed halls of the theatre.

Back to top Go down
Ry3
Admin

PostSubject: Re: [chapter two - two days later]   [chapter two - two days later] Icon_minitime21/5/2012, 12:23 pm

Oh man, not the cleansing rituals. I'm not the most superstitious of people, but if that is what teacher wants me to do then, I will do so out of respect. I sigh a little, "As you wish, sir. I won't be a minute." I said much to Casey's surprise again and my class's too. I stood up and exited the theatre and stood in the empty halls finding it hard to believe; I was about to do this. I took another deep breath and turned around slowly three times; whilst saying to myself: "Macbeth. Macbeth. Macbeth." I finished speaking and turning and spat over my left shoulder and began to recite one of my favourite lines from Hamlet: "Angels and ministers of grace defend us." I finished saying to myself. I was so glad these halls were empty or people would think of me to be a right loser or even worse a freak. I took a deep breath and cashed in Casey's invite to return to the theatre; as I opened the door and walked back into the room much to Casey's liking and returned to my seat. "Welcome back, Dean. Now, what is your question? Don't be shy now.." said Casey. I looked at my teacher and didn't know; what I should ask him. There lots of things wanted to know, but I also wanted to respect his position in this theatre. He was still my teacher after all. I took a deep breath and decided on one, "What has the world theatre done for you, as a person sir? I'd like to know." I asked him honestly folding my arms awaiting his response.

Back to top Go down
IceMystic1216
Admin

PostSubject: Re: [chapter two - two days later]   [chapter two - two days later] Icon_minitime21/5/2012, 12:39 pm

I sat on the stage and watched Dean come back into the theatre. I was surprised but yet not that he did the cleansing ritual, or one of them. He took his seat and asked me his question which made me chuckle. I stretched my legs out before answering. "What has the theatre given me, you ask? Well, in a nut shell, it's given me a lot. A lot of highs and lows, laughs and tears. It's given me so many experiences that made me into the person I am today. As well, it's made me into the Professor you all love to hate." I laughed and so did a few other students. I scanned them all before throwing out another trivia question to them. "Time for another question, but this one you can't get out of a book. What do you think my favorite Shakespeare work might be, and tell me why? Anyone care to guess?" I scan the room, I wondered who might be brave enough to answer my question and face the risk of getting it wrong.

Back to top Go down
Ry3
Admin

PostSubject: Re: [chapter two - two days later]   [chapter two - two days later] Icon_minitime21/5/2012, 12:51 pm

This might be a little difficult, but I had some ideas. I listened to different members of my class saying plays like: Othello, Romeo & Juliet, Much Ado Bout Nothing and none of them were getting it right. Casey actually found some of them funny, I decided I'd take a shot and raised my hand, as Casey looked at me with a grin on his face wondering; if I'd continue to surprise and impress him today: "It's either: A Midsummer Night's Dream or Taming of the Shrew. Right?" I said feeling confident about my two potential answers; as I awaited anxiously for his response.
Back to top Go down
IceMystic1216
Admin

PostSubject: Re: [chapter two - two days later]   [chapter two - two days later] Icon_minitime21/5/2012, 1:02 pm

I loved how these students were throwing out guesses left and right in hopes of getting it right to ask me the question. I would ask the wrong students their questions later but it was Dean I was hoping would answer. He picked two well-known Shakespeare plays. I nodded my head in confirmation, "Yes indeed, one of those is right but one of them is wrong. So, since you picked two, I get to ask you a question but you get to ask me one as well. The answer of course was the Taming of the Shrew, a true classic. And just beware, if there are any 'Shrews' in my class, you will be tamed." I said with a devilish grin on my face. I looked out at all of them as I then looked back at Dean and spoke. "So, since you gave me the wrong answer first, I get to go first. My question for you Dean, is a simple one. Why are you here? Answer that and then you may ask me your question." I nodded my head as I waited for his answer.

Back to top Go down
Ry3
Admin

PostSubject: Re: [chapter two - two days later]   [chapter two - two days later] Icon_minitime21/5/2012, 1:17 pm

I raised my eyebrow impressing Casey yet again by getting it right; despite my other wrong answer. I just needed to be safe is all. But he was right, I did answer wrong; so I have to answer his question. He asked me, why I was here and this was a simple answer for me. "I'm here sir, because I want to be the best actor; I can be and improve on my existing skills to further my development; as both an actor and a person. Acting is my life and I will continue to chase my dream of one day performing professionally for many people around the world. That's why I'm here sir to make my dream a reality, and use my talent and drive to get me; where I want to go in life." I said with defiance meaning every word of it; passionately. Casey just kept his eyes on me thinking about my answer carefully; as my eyes stayed on his also. "As for my question teach, if you had to pick one scene out of any Shakespearean play to perform with me on stage with the upmost honesty; what scene would it be?" I said lifting my head up slightly with a grin on my face intrigued to know; what he'd perform with me.

Back to top Go down
IceMystic1216
Admin

PostSubject: Re: [chapter two - two days later]   [chapter two - two days later] Icon_minitime21/5/2012, 1:33 pm

I sat on the stage and listened to Dean's answer to my question. So, he was here to get better but yet he didn't take too well to my critism of him. Just something to mental note for the future and then he asked me his question. To pick a scene from Shakespeare to do with him, hypothetically speaking. I raised my eyebrow at this question but I figured I would give it as honest an answer as I could. "Put me on the spot here, eh? Well, to be honest, I couldn't give you an answer right here and now. Though it would be tempting to pick a scene where I can plunge a dagger or a sword into you and watch you die." I kept a serious look on my face for a few moment before breaking out into a laugh. Everyone else laughs, seeing as it was a joke. "You know, I can tell from the looks on your faces that some of you did not eat breakfast and are starving for lunch. So, being the nice guy I am, I'll let you out early. Next class, you owe me an essay on which Shakespeare character you think is most like you and why. I expect good work people, now get going!" I smile as I motion for them to head on out. I push myself up onto my feet and make my way back into my office.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: [chapter two - two days later]   [chapter two - two days later] Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

[chapter two - two days later]
Page 1 of 1