RM Productions
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Untold Stories.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Chapter 1: First Class

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
IceMystic1216
Admin

Chapter 1: First Class Empty
PostSubject: Chapter 1: First Class   Chapter 1: First Class Icon_minitime19/5/2012, 3:09 am

It was finally time for another round of classes of the Academy of the Performing Arts in London. Students had been coming in and it was time and of course it was time for me to be a teacher again. I was the master of the Drama department and of course, instead of the classroom that other teachers had to teach in, I had the theatre to myself. I was sitting on the edge of the stage, watching my students begin to file in. I cleared my throat and spoke, "Hello students, file in accordingly. Allow me to introduce myself, for those of you who do not know me, my name is Professor Casey Prince and I am the Master of the Drama Department here at the Academy of the Performing Arts." I smiled at all of the students, I was very curious to see what type of class I would have this year.

Chapter 1: First Class Victor-hairy-224x300
Back to top Go down
Ry3
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 1: First Class   Chapter 1: First Class Icon_minitime19/5/2012, 3:23 am

"Damn it! Great day to get lost eh, Deano?" I said to myself jogging down the hall; after having trouble navigating my new surroundings for the next four years. Just great. I kept thinking to myself; I had finally been told, where I needed to go and I felt a little embarrassed and a little dumb. I sighed to myself, before finally reaching the theatre; as I was already late by like five minutes. I adjusted my strap over my shoulder carrying a book in my hand and quickly pulled open the door and slid into the room slightly panting a little bit. All my new class-mates and teacher looked up over at me. "I am so sorry sir and everyone! I got lost! Heh.." I said scratching the back of my head feeling stupid; now my class-mates probably think I'm a totally freak now. "I didn't miss anything did I, sir?" I said slowly walking down the isle to join my other class-mates.

Chapter 1: First Class IMG_00029
AN OFFICIAL - DEAN ARMSTRONG - ROLEPLAY
Back to top Go down
https://rmproductions.forumotion.co.uk
IceMystic1216
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 1: First Class   Chapter 1: First Class Icon_minitime19/5/2012, 3:32 am

I looked at the young man who had come into class late and I watched him making his way towards a seat. I smiled at him and motioned for him to come towards me with my finger, "No need to find a seat young man. I have the perfect spot for you to sit in." I chuckled as I patted the piece of stage right next to me. The boy got a little bright eyed but made his way up and sat next to me. I looked over at him and spoke, "I figure since you've made your presence known, you'd like to sit up here with me. Why don't you introduce yourself to everyone here, young man?" I grinned as I put him on the spot. However, if you were going to be in my Drama class, you'd have to be prepared for anything.

Back to top Go down
Ry3
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 1: First Class   Chapter 1: First Class Icon_minitime19/5/2012, 4:12 am

I gulped deeply to myself; he wasn't serious was he? Shit he was! I kept thinking to myself, as he wiggled his finger at me and patted the place right next to him on the stage in front of everyone! Could this morning get any worse right now? I sighed taking my 'punishment' like a man and joined my new teacher on the stage sitting next to him. I gulped again a little quiet now with my class-mates whispering to each other and smiling a little; all looking at me. He looked at me telling me to introduce myself in the friendliest way possible; since I had already made my presence known? Yeah that was dumb! I exhaled deeply, before introducing myself: "Well, Err--first my apologies again; everyone." I smile shyly, "And Erm--my name is: Dean. Dean Armstrong." I said a little nervous now. "It's nice to meet you all and congratulations for getting places here. I'm looking forward to working with you all." I said with a bashful smile, and briefly looked down at the floor for a second then back up at everyone. Yeah that wasn't embarrassing at all; now was it? Oh man, just kill me now! I thought to myself with a soft; untraceable sigh..

Back to top Go down
IceMystic1216
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 1: First Class   Chapter 1: First Class Icon_minitime19/5/2012, 4:27 am

"Well Dean, maybe next time you'll be on time. However, just so all of you know, if you are ever later to my class, this is the fate that will befall you." I nodded my head firmly, I wanted them to know I expected people to be on time. Unless you wanted all eyes on you and not in a good way, you would be advised to get to my class on time. I scanned the audience as I spoke again, "Now, instead of lecturing you for this whole class and boring you to tears, I'm going to put you to work. You all should have your collective works of Shakespeare with you, I want you all to partner up and take a small scene from it and perform it here on stage. This will show me where you are at with your skills, so hop to it and that includes you, Dean." I gave him a pat on the back. I motioned for him to join the rest of his fellow students or risk being left out.

Back to top Go down
Ry3
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 1: First Class   Chapter 1: First Class Icon_minitime19/5/2012, 4:49 am

Great my new teacher already doesn't think too highly of me now; it's not like I was late on purpose. I sighed, before I found myself being approached by one of my female class-mates. She smiled at me and told, she thought I was funny and I was like thanks; I think. She asked me, if I wanted to partner with her and I was a little hesitant, but when I looked around everyone was taken; so not much of a choice. I agreed with a smile, and we sat down somewhere and had a discussion; we settled on performing a small part of the legendary balcony scene from Romeo and Juliet. I grin to myself knowing; every girl wants to that scene with any good-looking bloke and since, I just unfortunately happened to be one of them, I couldn't say no. She was like; super excited saying she loved this play and found Juliet so interesting. I agreed, I said it's a classic love story and that I did like Romeo's confidence a lot. We started to rehearse quietly to ourselves a couple of rows up from everyone else; whilst Casey walked around the stalls listening to his new class discuss and do a little rehearsing before going on that stage. I was a little nervous, but at least now I had to redeem myself a little in Casey's eyes by showing him; how good my acting ability was and show him that just because I was a little late; despite respectable reasons that I am serious about this and will succeed in it too.

Back to top Go down
IceMystic1216
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 1: First Class   Chapter 1: First Class Icon_minitime19/5/2012, 6:25 am

I walked around the classroom, studied the students and noticed that most of the pairs were boy-girl with a couple of girl-girl pairings but the pairings of boy-boy were non-existant. I decided that I was going to throw them all a curveball as I spoke, "I'm glad that you've all found a partner and I have a feeling I'm going to see a few Romeo and Juliet scenes if my assessment is correct. Now, in Shakespeare's day, all roles were played by men in the theatre. I think we need to have an homage to William right now, all of you will now change partners, using the same scene you had originally chosen and get into same sex pairs. Time for you to get comfortable with one another, I think." It was an unorthodox move on my part but I felt like these students weren't even trying. I wanted a group of students who could meet a challenge and actually do something different and unique. If they wouldn't do it willingly, I would make them do it. After all, that's why I'm the Drama Master here at the Academy.

Back to top Go down
Ry3
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 1: First Class   Chapter 1: First Class Icon_minitime19/5/2012, 6:50 am

I can't say, I was surprised by Casey's move. But alas, I was a professional, so I did as I was asked and met this guy named Chad; who asked if it'll be cool if he could team with me? I said sure, I said goodbye to Melody knowing; I'll see her again at some point. Chad and I discussed, and we chose our roles. The newly introduced Chad and I made our way onto the stage to perform our scene to Casey and our class; we were both feeling a little nervous right now. Chad & I took a deep breath, before informing their class and teacher; what scene they were performing and what play it was from. We smiled at each other finding this a little funny, before take they took up their positions creating a small distance between the two of them for effect. Chad stood next to a two-step tread. I started to walk into the scene; as Romeo like I was looking for something or someone in this place. Chad walks up to the tread and sighs to himself acting as if she was looking out over his railing as Juliet. Dean turns his attention hearing the sigh and looks up at Chad with a look of excitement and warmth on his face like it just lit up; as Romeo after seeing his true love once again tonight:

"But soft, what light through yonder window breaks?
It is the east and Juliet is the sun!
Arise, fair sun, and kill the envious moon,
Who is already sick and pale with grief
That thou her maid art far more fair than she.
Be not her maid, since she is envious;
Her vestal livery is but sick and green,
And none but fools do wear it. Cast it off.
It is my lady, O, it is my love!"

I took a moment to catch my breath looking up at Chad from a safe distance; admiring Juliet's natural beauty and poise. Chad pretended to briefly stroke a strand of his long hair, before I continued with Romeo's oversized monologue with a smooth toning to my voice. The guy did love the sound of his own voice; that's for sure..

"O that she knew she were!
She speaks, yet she says nothing; what of that?
Her eye discourses, I will answer it.
I am too bold: 'tis not to me she speaks.
Two of the fairest stars in all the heaven,
Having some business, do entreat her eyes
To twinkle in their spheres till they return.
What if her eyes were there, they in her head?
The brightness of her cheek would shame those stars,
As daylight doth a lamp. Her eyes in heaven
Would through the airy region stream so bright
That birds would sing and think it were not night.
See how she leans her cheek upon her hand
O that I were a glove upon that hand,
That I might touch that cheek!"

I finished speaking lightly raising my hand up towards her like I would catch a raindrop for her. I didn't hear laughter at all, I think some people were impressed that Chad and I were taking on such a brave scene for an epic love story being two men and all..

"Ay me!"

I heard Chad say; as Juliet as he gazed up at the 'stars' in the night sky making out Juliet was reminiscing about meeting her true love; earlier this evening. I stepped forward almost moving under the balcony slightly acting; as if Romeo was in a little surprise hearing her voice again, and continued to perform my lines with a hint of longing in my voice..

"She speaks.
O, speak again, bright angel, for thou art
As glorious to this night, being o'er my head,
As is a winged messenger of heaven
Unto the white-upturned wondering eyes
Of mortals that fall back to gaze on him
When he bestrides the lazy-puffing clouds
And sails upon the bosom of the air."

Chad sighed with gentle exasperation looking down at the 'garden' below her in her court, whilst I quickly slid to the side of the tread as if I was hiding from Juliet, but gently peering around at Chad from time to time..

"O Romeo, Romeo! wherefore art thou Romeo?
Deny thy father and refuse thy name;
Or, if thou wilt not, be but sworn my love,
And I'll no longer be a Capulet."

Chad finished acting and reading with a very believable tone of voice and strong stage presence; I was impressed. He was a great actor and playing a female role too. Chad and I went on to to finish up the scene to a nice round of cheer; which was comforting. Chad & I hugged one another gently, after he joined me at the foot of the treads; before we walked into the centre of the stage together to hear Casey's opinion. I took a deep breath and looked at him hoping; it was okay for him..

Back to top Go down
IceMystic1216
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 1: First Class   Chapter 1: First Class Icon_minitime19/5/2012, 7:03 am

I watched Dean and Chad perform the basic window scene from Romeo and Juliet. Dean had decided to be Romeo and force Chad into being Juliet. Chat would be fine, he played it up nicely but I was not one hundred percent sure about Dean though. Sure, he did his lines but I just didn't feel moved by them. "Very nice work Chad, you made for a lovely Juliet. I have the utmost confidence in your abilities, even though you did not deliver many lines here." I nodded my head before turning to Dean. I shook my head at him, disappointed as I spoke. "I expected more of you, Dean. You show up late to class and you take the easy way out by taking Romeo. Your lines lacked passion, your movements and delivery were flat. Let this be a lesson to all of you, take risks and do not play it safe in my class. We'll see the rest of you next time, class dismissed." I smiled at them all as I watched the students begin to grab their stuff and make their way out of my theatre.

Back to top Go down
Ry3
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 1: First Class   Chapter 1: First Class Icon_minitime19/5/2012, 7:19 am

I couldn't believe; what I had just heard out of Casey's mouth, Chad looked over at me confused and everyone else too. We excited the stage and let everyone else do their scenes. I was now in a bit of mood, I didn't agree with him at all. He dismissed our class; as Chad and Melody walked up to me with Chad tapping me on my back telling me, he'd wait for me outside with Melody saying the same. I nodded, as I finished packing up my things whilst they went off to wait for me leaving me alone with what looks to be the teacher from hell right now. "Casey, sir. Can I just say, I don't agree with what you said about my performance." I said to him walking up to Casey. He looked at me, "First of all sir, I did not take the easy way out! Chad and I discussed, and he didn't want to play Romeo. He chose Juliet. So you can't blame me there sir. And flat? Really? Look sir, I respect your opinion and that; but I don't think it was flat. I done, what I could with limited time. And like, I said I wasn't late on purpose either! I said, I got lost. How is that a crime?" I paused, "I really like that scene too. It's not safe. If two actors like something; shouldn't they do it?" I sigh, as Casey just listened to me.

Back to top Go down
IceMystic1216
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 1: First Class   Chapter 1: First Class Icon_minitime19/5/2012, 7:47 am

I folded my arms, this was not the first time a student disagreed with my critique but hey, that's why they pay me the big bucks. He gave me all his reasons and I just nodded my head as he talked but when he was done, it was my turn to talk. "And while that may be all very true, what matters in this classroom is what I think. I am the Master of Drama at the Academy for a very good reason. I've played in theatres all across the globe, I'm more than qualified to do what I do and to say what I say." I nodded my head firmly. There was a reason that he was a student and I was the Master. He had much to learn and I was about to teach. "What you fail to realize is that excuses do not matter. You were the only one who was late, Dean, you should know where your classes are. And so what if Chad wanted to play Juliet, why didn't you say to him, 'Why don't I take it, it might show some balls to our Professor and make him think differently of me.' You like the scene and so do I but that doesn't give you an excuse to not make every performance memorable. The only way that performance would be considered memorable is if you consider showing a lack of drive and ambition as something you wish for me to remember?" I looked at Dean, wondering what he would say in response. Would he give me more attitude or would he listen to what I was saying?

Back to top Go down
Ry3
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 1: First Class   Chapter 1: First Class Icon_minitime19/5/2012, 7:57 am

Was he serious right now? I just glared at him, "So, what I show late for my FIRST EVER class and now you punish me? Now you hold a grudge? That's not cool, sir. I have plenty of balls, just because I don't want to show them off right away; doesn't mean I can't do it. And you want to force that on me? When I'm clearly not comfortable enough yet? By expecting me to play Juliet? Just to keep you happy?! What about me sir, what about my feelings, huh? Ever think about that?" I stared at him. "Look I appreciate your criticism sir, but I wouldn't want to be late for another class now would I? See you, sir." I shook my head, before walking away from him heading for the exit. An arse-hole was the only think; Dean was thinking he was right now.

Back to top Go down
IceMystic1216
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 1: First Class   Chapter 1: First Class Icon_minitime19/5/2012, 8:01 am

I stood on the stage as I watched Dean walk away. I decided to give him one last parting message, "You know Dean, what you need to do, is grow up. This is not high school anymore, this is the real world. Waste my time again, and I'll see to it that you aren't in this Academy very long." And with that, I walked off the stage and away from Dean. I headed into my office to look through some files and see what more I could learn about Dean Armstrong.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 1: First Class   Chapter 1: First Class Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Chapter 1: First Class
Page 1 of 1